Re: PLEASE READ IT

Hello Phill,

Hope you are doing fine!

> you need to assure our team that you are in for lubuntu for *the long term
> * and not just some college / university project.

Luckily, I'm done with College/University since 2004 :)
Above all, what does it look like I'm doing? sorry if that will sound rude
but if I want to leave Lubuntu, do you think after all the negativity I've
seen so far, what would stop me from leaving? why after each and every time
I feel someone is blocking me, I do give more and more?

*The right Question is:* Does Lubuntu Team want and accept someone with
VERY HIGH Energy like me? does Lubuntu Team accept someone who breathes,
drinks, and eats Linux and Lubuntu? does Lubuntu Team accept someone who is
enjoying what he's doing to the maximum for the first time in this entire
life (I do have a life but never done something I enjoy as much as I enjoy
what I'm doing right now)?
I'm different, Phill. In case you don't know me yet, please allow me to
share this simple fact with you and everyone here. I'm different from those
you have seen who faded away. I'm what they call exception. I do hate to
talk or write much but I'm sure you can see what I'm doing. However, I feel
so bad because there are much to do and I'm still at the very beginning.

*Short version to the above is:* *YES*, I'll be the pain in everyone's neck
here :P I'm here for the long term. Is that all? :)

May I, on a personal note, also warn you against something that my mentor
> warned me upon. Burnout, whereby you work too many hours that cannot be
> sustained (which you have already pretty much said you have done), and your
> not wishing to have a mentor (experienced person) help you. If you run
> yourself to death, or just decide to leave lubuntu the Lubuntu team will
> have to pick up the pieces. Please, my young friend, take your time - we
> have seen burn out before.

Where I came from, if someone is older than me by one year, I must respect
him. Above all, regardless of anything else, I do respect everyone here.
Your advice is very much accepted and respected. I do appreciate that
indeed. Glad there is someone who cares about other members :)

Now, please be sure that I have someone who is taking good care of me and
knows when to stop me. Also, it's true that I'm stubborn but I do listen so
I took your advice and didn't reply you right away.

I enjoy what I do, period. However, I'll take it easy.

As for running myself to death ... well, when it's my time then it's time
time no matter what and that's not something I do have control over.
As for leaving ... yet again, that's is way beyond impossible ;)
As for not wishing to have a mentor, I prefer to talk about that later, not
now :)

Thank you Phill and hope you'll be back to the UK safely :)

Ali/amjjawad