From: Rob Peters <makitso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 10:22 AM
Subject: Roadmap for 12.04
To: lubuntu-desktop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The more I see of Lubuntu the more I like it.  There are a couple of things
that might make things easier for prospective adopters.

1.  Gnome 2 and xubuntu allow a user to create a launcher anywhere on the
desktop without having to build a .desktop file.  Gnome 3 dropped this
feature and its a pain.  Now, if your going to attract windows users most
everyone's desktop I see is littered with folders and icons.
So, my desire would be to adopt the xubuntu solution that allows for a
right-click on the desk to open a launcher constructor.

2.  Searching for files and file content is a big issue for lots of windows
users.  I needed to install the gnome-search-tool to do this.  An easier
solution?

I know that themes are a very subjective area.  For me personally, I
thought the 11.04 default theme was a big winner.  The blue panel with
white text was sharp (IMO) along with the box headers. I am not so
impressed with the standards 11.10 theme.  So, when you change the theme
form one release to the other can you include the prior theme for people
who don't like the new one.

Rob