lubuntu-irc-ops team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu IRC Council

There should be a new email coming in.

I'll summarize... forget it for 11.10.

We will continue as we have done. This headlong rush was silly, we never
required, nor do we require 'core' for approval as an official ubuntu
derivative. I've suggested it as something to achieve before 12.04 on a wish
list of things to be done... They wanted it earlier, until I explained the
amount of days left. They will give a version as to how to get our OP's
accredated by them by 12.04, To be totally honest, I really do not see the
need, nor the 'internal politics'. The lubuntu IRC areas work perfectly
well. For them to be asking for a council really made me spit the dummy out.
Lubuntu does not have a council, nor do we need to start voting for the
pretiiest contributer. If an IRC council cannot work out how to issue the
flag command to see who has what level.... I tend to fiegn sleep.

@julien, yes I know you get pain from these 'council' members, Send them to
me :P

Regards,

Phill.