Re: 12.04 ppc - problems list

i won't reply to everything cuz i can't necessarily comment on all of
them with anything useful.

On 02/18/2012 02:40 AM, UH wrote:
> 1) Lubuntu Software Center crashes - reported as bug
see earlier post. update packages and you should be good.
> 2) Gdebi-gtk crashes (but curiously installs nevertheless ?!?!) -
> reported as bug
assumedly doing an install? is it always the same package? what's the
error? where's the bug.

btw if you're using gdebi you're one step away from compiling from
source. just take whatever package you're trying to install and compile
it from source. if your computer doesn't shut down you have the fan
under control.
> 3) pcmanfm crashes often while installing a 2nd instance of it - reported as bug
just had 111 instances open simultaneously. again, what are the
conditions? we need to figure out how to reliably reproduce this. what
bug #?
> 6) On log out, i'm getting to a totally messed up screen. Normally
> there should be a readable (console like) screen telling me, what
> happens during logout. With Lubuntu 12.04 this screen is not readable
> absolutely although the shutdown/reboot passes through.
ditto. seems the same with startup, no?
> 7) The fan speed problem: May be i found  way to mitigate it a bit…
> In any case: the fan in Debian+LXDE is working in a very acceptable
> and decent way - and the computer isn't going to heat too much (the
> same goes for MintPPC. Lubuntu ppc should behave in the same way by
> default!).
this, i would say is the NUMBER ONE problem facing ppc. this is what we
need dev support on!!!  i'll try to run this up the flagpole.

wxl