Re: 12.04 ppc - problems list

On 02/18/2012 05:20 AM, Ulrich Hausmann wrote:
> 2012/2/18 ∅ <maps.backward@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> On 02/18/2012 02:40 AM, UH wrote:
>>> 1) Lubuntu Software Center crashes - reported as bug
>> see earlier post. update packages and you should be good.
> That didn't pass for me.
just to be sure, you saw this:
https://lists.launchpad.net/lubuntu-qa/msg00125.html
??
check your version numbers against it.

aside: still seeing this with daily-live 20120217. i have to update
libudev0, udev, and upstart to report it.
>>> 2) Gdebi-gtk crashes (but curiously installs nevertheless ?!?!) -
>>> reported as bug
>> assumedly doing an install? is it always the same package? what's the
>> error? where's the bug.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdebi/+bug/917802 (i
> followed the apport and landed there)
this one's hot. it will get fixed soon i'm sure.
>>> 3) pcmanfm crashes often while installing a 2nd instance of it - reported as bug
>> just had 111 instances open simultaneously. again, what are the
>> conditions? we need to figure out how to reliably reproduce this. what
>> bug #?
> I posted this via apport to launchpad, but i'm unable to find it now.
> ERROR: apport (pid 2200) Sat Feb 18 06:37:16 2012: wrote report
> /var/crash/_usr_bin_pcmanfm.1000.crash
is that file still around? you could try searching launchpad for terms
based on it. if that doesn't work, perhaps more easy is to get on
launchpad, click on your name, click bugs and hunt for it.
> In human words: When i have open pcmanfm as root and then open another
> instance of pcmanfm, then it crashes - but not systematically.
do you not have the same problem if you are not using as root?

>>> 7) The fan speed problem: May be i found  way to mitigate it a bit…
>>> In any case: the fan in Debian+LXDE is working in a very acceptable
>>> and decent way - and the computer isn't going to heat too much (the
>>> same goes for MintPPC. Lubuntu ppc should behave in the same way by
>>> default!).
>> this, i would say is the NUMBER ONE problem facing ppc. this is what we
>> need dev support on!!!  i'll try to run this up the flagpole.
> That will be great. I'm observing a bit the behaviour of the fan.
> Seems to me it goes an, but on reduced speed, when i'm on the max cpu
> frequency; at lowered frequency it turns off. But that's not
> "scientific" at this point.
i've included julien in this email ("the boss"). any further info you
can provide and/or what you've experienced elsewhere (e.g. debian) that
you know works would go a long way. please let's keep him in the loop so
we can solve this problem and finally have a ppc version!!!

thanks again ulrich!

wxl