Re: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-artwork/+bug/938472

If it is any help, and not too much information...

1) Following a failed install of alternate 20120227, failed meaning, it boots to command prompt, if I enter startx, I get an error - failed to load NV and Nvidia error, gio/module not found.

2) Following an alternate install of 20120227, if I install LXDE from the command prompt, sudo apt-get install lxde, LXDE will download, install and boot successfully. Then while in LXDE via terminal: sudo apt-get install lubuntu-desktop, I can get Lubuntu 12 to install and successfully boot on the G4 eMac.
And I must say I do like the new login screen.

Paul Gorski