Re: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-artwork/+bug/938472

Rafael,

well, wearing my 'main QA' hat, as these changes occurred with no prior
warning / consultation / testing about regressions / bringing new bugs in
etc to lubuntu. The current system of changes has quite obviously failed,
and failed badly. I will politely make your views on the matter known &
then it is for the canonical QA team to ensure that such a breakage does
not happen again.

@Julien, don't worry, I will be diplomatic, but they have managed to bring
in a 'new' system with no warning that has set our limited few testers back
about a week. It will be 'nice' to explain to QA that the reason lubuntu is
all over http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/reports/bugs/938472 like a
rash, is due to a failure to inform and check on something as basic as GTK
and ask that steps are put in place to prevent any further occurence of
such a thing. Something very basic went wrong, but we only learn from such
instances.

On 29 February 2012 00:24, 神癒礁湖 <rafaellaguna@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> **
> Phill, of course not, and I appreciate help, when I'm lost. But this time
> I found it, it's a change on GTK3 3.2.1 syntax and theme standards (I'm
> angry because of so many changes, they won't make any standard if it goes
> that way) and Unico 1.0.1 (some textures changes, too).
>
> In a few hours, I could send a provisional fix.
>
> Sorry for this.
>
> El dt 28 de 02 de 2012 a les 23:37 +0000, en/na Phill Whiteside va
> escriure:
>
>  Hi Julien & Rafael
>

>  as this bug is preventing people testing the RC for the beta 1, IMHO it
> is a critical bug and should be marked as such. I know Rafael is pulling
> his hair out. Just as annoyingly, the QA meeting is three hours before the
> Lubuntu one. The bug is already all over the QA tracker like a bad rash ..
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/reports/bugs/938472
>

>  I will bring it up at the meeting (17:00 UTC Wednesday 29th Feb) when I
> have the 'how is lubuntu doing' section to give a report on.
>

>  @Rafael, lubuntu is not an island any more, do you want me to ask for
> someone to assist you on this? Please do not see this as any negative
> reflection in your abilities, of which there are none on my part. Just
> would you like me to request an extra 'brain'  to help squash this bug and
> ensure that the circumstances that caused it do not happen again. It is
> unfair to have left you with such a major headache as we hit beta 1.
>

>  Regards,
>

>  Phill.
>

>  --
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw