Re: System Requirements

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 18:01:06 -0400
Karl Anliot <kanliot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> take my word for it, lubuntu on 64MB doesn't work.  But I haven't
> invested time with the minimal ISO, so I'm not sure.

The faster the CPU the less RAM you need for a similar user experience.  The speed of the drive is also a factor.  I have a 500MHZ PIII with 640 MB of RAM and a 2.4GHZ P4 with 256 MB of RAM, both give a similar user experience.  While our target of 128 MB machines is laudable I think it may become unattainable very soon and 256 MB may become the minimum acceptable, especially with PII & PIII class machines.

--
Steve <yorvik.ubunto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>