Re: [Lubuntu-wiki-docs] System Requirements

Karl,

If you are not sure and you haven't invested time to try that so why to
make such very confident statement? :)

It does work but YES it is SO SLOW. I have tried it on a real hardware and
I think pictures can speak louder than any word :)

Of course, we should not mention that Lubuntu Minimum is 64MB but the world
out there need to know it is not impossible for Lubuntu to be on such
machines. I don't know whether someone here agress with me or not? after
all, the Mini ISO is for special cases either for those who want to build
their system from scratch or for those with low RAM, etc.

I need sometime to write a simple HOWTO Install Lubuntu on such machine and
of course, the first note will be: Your System will be SO SLOW.

We are in 2012 and it is harder by time to find such machines.

I was thinking to run a survey on Lubuntu Social Pages to see who many
users over there with less than 256MB of RAM. We do need such data for such
discussion.

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 2:01 AM, Karl Anliot <kanliot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> take my word for it, lubuntu on 64MB doesn't work.  But I haven't
> invested time with the minimal ISO, so I'm not sure.
>
> phill, how do you like my changes to the download lubuntu page?
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/GetLubuntu

*Best Regards,
amjjawad*
Lubuntu Support Team Co-ordinator
Lubuntu Communication Team Administrator
Lubuntu One Stop Thread <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Wiki Page <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> | My
Launchpad<https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad>| My
Ubuntu Forum Profile <http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>