Re: Just picked up my first Apple

On 5/31/12 9:00 PM, Greg Faith wrote:
[snip]
> So far, I have not been able to get the pre-Alpha  12.10 QQ
> powerpc.iso or the amd64.iso to complete an install.  Looks like I am
> getting Ubiquity and Kernel bugs.. Maybe I will stop for awhile.
[snip]

I've also tried the pre-Alpha version of the Alternate disc and also
gotten problems. The installation stops with setting up partitioning at
41%.  There is nothing in the logs to indicate why it stops.  It freezes
up at that point regardless of whether I am using USB or CD.  The image
used checks out fine with the correct checksum, so it is something wrong
with the image itself.

Regards,
/Lars