Re: No desktop on beta2 alternate ppc

OK, here i am - with firefox from the live-cd:

- I could type in the pswd for the network connection (i knew how to
arrive there just before, but i didn`t consider i` m with the american
keyboard).

- The installation does not work because i`m prompted with an
absolutely unreadable installation window. And without any control i
wouldn`t like to play around with my harddisks and the stuff on it. Is
there a way to start - and control! - the installation from a console?

- lxkeymap now seems to work fine.
But: remains the problem that the 3rd level chooser apparently does
not work. Has anyone else this problem. Or is it only for me? (I`m on
a German keyboard layout. OTOH, nothing changes when i change in
lxkeymap to german layout and german macintosh. Vaguely i remember i
had a lot of trouble with setting the keyboard correctly in 12.04 and
i finally resolved with with some dpkg command at the price of loosing
the console access by ctrl-alt-f1 thru f6. Btw, that was the same in
MintPPC 11).

- Seems really strange to me, that a usb wlan stick (with ralink in
it) is recognized out of the box, while the internal br43 (legacy in
my case) is not.

As a normal user, i'm a bit clueless about what to do here . . .

Uli