Re: No desktop on beta2 alternate ppc

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 2:39 PM, UH <uhtlmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry: NOW is a typo. Should be NO
>
> 2012/9/26 UH <uhtlmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Today i tried to do a fresh install with the ppc installer from 25 sep
> > (yesterday) on a PB 17" 1,3ghz. I'm getting the munged graphics and
> > now dialogue window works. I don't see anything. Then i tried with the
> > live video=ofonly option, but this does not start the Xserver. I tried
> > to do startx from a console without any different effect.
> >
> > Is there some other option i could try?
> >
> > Uli
> >
> > 2012/9/26 lars nooden <lars.nooden@xxxxxxxxx>:
> >> #1 below is for the Desktop image, not the Alternate.  There is a
> >> separate  problem with the alternate install.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> /Lars

If you get to the mouse with the little multi-colored box that
surrounds it.. hit enter a few times then type in your chosen password
mine is "test".  I can get to the desktop that way but the colors are
terrible and some dialog boxes are still screwed.  That was from an
Alternate powerpc CD/USB as I remember..

I think Ron has a way to set the desktop after that but the install is
just to danged complicated and deserve a fail at this time.

Greg nm_geo