Beta 2's

Hi guys,

the Beta 2s of Lubuntu have been released, with the exception of the PPC
builds. They will all go back to daily builds on the next cron cycle. One
bit of good news, the nvidea driver issue is now a 'fix-comitted' and the
required kernel update will hopefully arrive soon (this affects more than
just PPC). Once that's out of the way I will have a chat with the kernel
team about the radeon issue on PPC as that also seems to require a kernel
tweak, please do bear in mind that my knowledge of the inner workings of
kernels could be written on the back of postage stamp (and a small postage
stamp at that!). With the dust settling after a rather crazy QA cycle for
B2 (as usual), I can hopefully get someone who is kernel literate to
explain to me what I should be asking of the kernel team.

Regard,