Re: Fwd: lubuntu powerpc desktop 20120928 SUCCESS

Okay I did another install of the current daily 20121002 tonight.

Used the method in the first email in this thread to get a usable live
session.

live video=radeonfb:1024x768-32@60

Got a live session and made the install.  Started doing some checking and
notice in lsmod I have no obvious graphic drivers listed.

So I

sudo modprobe radeon

another lsmod and BING radeon shows up in the kernel running modules.

Tried a reboot (knowing it ain't going to be there). Sure enough it was not
then I got top thinking about how we forces some network modules and the
commands..

No big trick here is all it takes to get the radeon module insert and
rebootable.

sudo su
echo radeon >> /etc/modules
exit

I know this ain't exactly elegant as the purists say, but sometimes I
envision myself as a hacker not much of one I admit. But I am fearless LOL
what do I have to lose.

Well anyway now I have a radeon module with all it's helpers working>:
Maybe just maybe this information might help the #ubuntu-x .. Probably
not.. i don't know..
Anyway I am going to the qa-tracker and logging the session and install.
And i will be glad to add it to the bug that Lard first started.

Greg nm_geo

Oh here is my new lsmod
test@test-laptop:~$ lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
radeon                872802  0
ttm                    75460  1 radeon
drm_kms_helper         38183  1 radeon
drm                   245778  3 radeon,ttm,drm_kms_helper
apm_emu                 1400  0
apm_emulation           7056  2 apm_emu
michael_mic             2228  4
mac_hid                 3617  0
rtc_generic             1291  0
pcmcia                 39853  0
yenta_socket           24070  0
pcmcia_rsrc             9634  1 yenta_socket
pcmcia_core            16605  3 pcmcia,yenta_socket,pcmcia_rsrc
bnep                   12196  2
rfcomm                 37419  0
airport                 3658  0
orinoco                70654  1 airport
parport_pc             35692  0
bluetooth             203250  10 bnep,rfcomm
ppdev                   7506  0
lp                      8871  0
parport                36849  3 parport_pc,ppdev,lp
cfg80211              189258  1 orinoco
snd_powermac           63922  1
snd_pcm                83299  1 snd_powermac
snd_seq_midi            5380  0
snd_rawmidi            22648  1 snd_seq_midi
snd_seq_midi_event      7003  1 snd_seq_midi
snd_seq                59154  2 snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_timer              21771  2 snd_pcm,snd_seq
snd_seq_device          6638  3 snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq
snd                    68504  8
snd_powermac,snd_pcm,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device
soundcore               7187  1 snd
snd_page_alloc          7172  1 snd_pcm
firewire_ohci          34665  0
firewire_core          62189  1 firewire_ohci
crc_itu_t               1459  1 firewire_core
sungem                 29702  0
sungem_phy             11741  1 sungem
uninorth_agp            7504  1

Note the top four,, lines