From: Phill Whiteside <PhillW@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Lubuntu-qa] Dropping Alphas for raring cycle
To: lubuntu-qa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "Julien Lavergne" <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 12:54 PM

Hi folks,
apologies for the zero notice on this, I was part way through drafting something up when I got distracted over our test-cases!
I've attached the ether-pad (in html format to preserve the links) which has the various links on it for Cadence testing. It was agreed that we will do Fri - Thur testing instead of Sun - Sat in order not to split a weekend up.

To surmise, cadence testing will last for 7 days and be carried out fortnightly - as you can see from the attached document, Nicholas has some tasks to carry out to ready the wiki area for the calendar / reporting etc. It makes good sense for us to follow what 'main' Ubuntu are doing in terms of testing time tables and with cadence we do not have the mad scurry to get milestone releases out early in the cycle. During cadence the daily images will continue to be built and simply replace the cadence version on the iso tracker - So, it will be important to zsync before doing testing.

Cadence was 'beta' tested by Ubuntu in the 'Q' cycle and the lessons learned are to be applied for 'R'. If you good people who do the grunt work of the testing have any questions do please ask (and I'll go ask Nicholas :P ).