raring-desktop-i386 Installation Test - Report 2

I think it is better to edit the subject and forward my last email about it
since the first email and this one on the same ISO (raring-desktop-i386).

1- I have created a LiveUSB using the 'dd' method.
2- I have tried to boot my test laptop from that LiveUSB
3- Checked disc for errors
4- My machine was sitting and waiting on Lubuntu Logo with the dark navy
wallpaper and the 5 dots
5- Re-checked md5sum for the downloaded ISO (raring-desktop-i386)
6- Re-created the LiveUSB using 'dd' method
7- Went to have my dinner and came back after more than one hour
8- BAD NEWS, the machine is still doing nothing but the 5 dots with the logo

So, this time, the installation is not even done. I can't even see the live
desktop.
Last time, at least I was able to install but then couldn't login to the
desktop. Now, nothing :D

Installing Lubuntu 13.04 beta 2 from raring-alternate-i386 was done
successfully using the 'dd' method to create the LiveUSB.

So, your thoughts are more than welcome as I'm stuck and not sure what to
do?

One may ask why I'm checking the disc for errors and not go ahead and
install?
The answer is:
If the tool to check the disc for errors does not work, how would I expect
the installation to work?
And I won't waste my time yet again to install then get the same result or
even worse :)

Thanks!