Re: usb-creator-gtk fails to run on lubuntu13.04 beta 2, launchpad bug 1165200

Am 07.06.2013 01:24, schrieb Jonathan Marsden:
On Thu, Jun 6, 2013, at 09:02 AM, nio wiklund wrote:

  The startup disk creator alias usb-creator-gtk is used to create a
  persistent live USB drive in the Lubuntu iso test case 'Live
  Session'. We need it to run the iso testing. Who can tell the devs
  that there is a solution to be implemented?
Looks like the workaround is

   sudo apt-get install gir1.2-gudev-1.0

and so the fix is to add gir1.2-gudev-1.0 to the Recommends: line of the
usb-creator debian/control file for usb-creator-gtk .

Wouldn't it be better to make it a strong dependency? In my opinion, it has to work without recommendations. And there is something really wrong... I haven't looked in the code, but usb-creator-gtk has a dependency on Python3. But it seems, it needs python-gudev - which is a Python2 library. You have to know, Python 2 and 3 are rather incompatible. Maybe something has gone wrong while porting vom Python2 to Python3.

Jörn