Re: Lubuntu IRC Meetings

On 06/10/2013 02:18 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM, Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:gilir@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     2013/6/10 Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx
>     <mailto:amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>>:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > How about go back to the Lubuntu Meetings [1] as we used to do
>     before?
>     >
>     > Just to be clear, previously, I have suggested in order to
>     improve the team
>     > communication to go back to the weekly meetings and a possible
>     way to use
>     > Google Hangout for example for video conference but apparently,
>     this is hard
>     > to achieve so let's drop that idea.
>     > I'm talking now about 'IRC Meetings' [2] exactly as we used to
>     do before.
>     >
>     > Proposal:
>     > One Meeting Per Week
>     > One Meeting Every Two Weeks
>     > One Meeting Every Month
>     >
>     >
>     > If you wish to vote and share your opinion, PLEASE, JUST reply with:
>     >
>     > ( +1 ) if you are agree
>     > ( -1 ) if you disagree
>     >
>     > Many thanks!
>     >
>     > [1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/GettingInvolved#Meetings
>     > [2] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/IRC%20Meetings
>
>     As I said previously, I don't have time to organize them, and to
>     attempt them 1 per week. I can go to some of them depending on my
>     availability. I still have not enough time on Lubuntu dev work, so
>     more time on meeting is less time available for dev time.
>     However, nothing stop you to organize them for the other topics (wiki,
>     documentation, testing, comm ...), just don't count on me every week.
>
>     Regards,
>     Julien Lavergne
>

> Hi Julien,
>
> I was very sure that would be your reply and I do appreciate the time
> you are spending on anything related to Lubuntu. We would be glad if
> you will be there but we do understand Devs Work comes first ;)
>
> If no body minds, I'm up to organize these meetings with Phill (if he
> does not mind).
>
> I would say Maximum once every two weeks and Minimum once a month.
>
> Thank you!
> --
>
> "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>
> *Best Regards,*
> *amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
> *Start Ubuntu
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>*
>
> /Test Machine: ASUS F3F Laptop - //Intel Core Duo T2350 @ 1.86GHz with
> 489MB RAM/

If we come up with a sane schedule I might even try :^)

How about we print an actual iso/upgrade testing schedule before we
conclude this conversation.

Then if we could have a brief session either before and/or after that
test cycle we could compare notes ;^)

But I personally think it's a waste of electronic ink. My time is NOT
precious, but dev time is and we need to let them develop or fix bugs
with as little chatter as possible.

Lance