Re: [Saucy] - LigthDM

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Lars Nooden <lars.nooden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jun 2013, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> [snip]
> > Long story short, can we drop LightDM in favor of another lighter
> Manager?
> [snip]
>
> Which other display manager(s) did you have in mind?

Hello Lars and thanks for replying :)

The last statement of my email was: "I have nothing in mind, this is an
open discussion!"
So, nothing really in my mind.
I do remember there were some discussions about this very issue before and
I'm sure someone told me replacing LightDM will save around 20MB for
Lubuntu but I can NOT remember where that thread is? or how to find it? I
can't search my old emails now because I don't remember if that was an
email or a chat or what?

> LightDM is also used
> in Ubuntu, and the others, which helps a lot with maintenance.

Yes, I'm aware of that.

> There are
> a lot of disadvantages if each distro uses a different display manager.
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

I don't know about that.

--

"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
*Start Ubuntu<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>
*