Re: [Saucy] - LigthDM

On 6/13/13 4:11 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> I trusted that person finding and I seriously can't remember? we have so
> many channels and I'm totally lost between all these. Facebook, Google+,
> IRC, Mailing List, Forums, etc so I seriously can't remember.

Mail and mailing lists are searchable.  The others, aside from the
disadvantages prominently in the news lately are ephemeral.  Basically a
black hole for information.  It goes in and is gone.

> I think that person was comparing his finding between LightDM and LXDM.
> But, not sure.
>
> As I said, this is an open discussion and if it is a very bad idea to
> replace LightDM with a lighter manager, forget it :D
>
> But I'd love to know the reasons for that at least I can save this
> thread/discussion for a future reference :)

Well Jörn mentioned that LXDM was buggy.  I mentioned that CDM is not in
the Ubuntu repositories.  That does not leave much since most of the
others (GDM, KDM, XDM) seem to have been tried already.

It's always a good idea to save space, but with the display manager, there
is unlikely anything we can change to at this point in time unless you
would try porting CDM or fixing LXDM so it could be evaluated.  LXDM is in
the repository.

Regards,
/Lars