Re: [Test Report 2] Minimum RAM required to install 'saucy-desktop-i386.iso' from LiveCD

Ali,

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013, at 05:31 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:14 AM, Jonathan Marsden

>> I'd much prefer a test using the default install type.  ...

> With all due respect, this will make no difference whatsoever, IMHO.
> What this has to do with RAM Usage and zRAM and stuff like that?

It is possible that one path through the installer sets up the manually
created swap partition sooner, or differently, than the path that
automatically partitions the whole disk.

Second, if you are sure "it makes no difference whatsoever", why would
you choose the manual partitioning way -- it needs more time and more
mouse clicks, for what you say is "no difference whatsoever"?!

> I still see no good reason to do a 7th test (4 before, 2 tonight - not
> to mention the failed ones) but if you insist, I can do it later, not
> tonight. It's 4:30am and I'm half asleep already O_o

I'm not insisting on anything.  But this aspect of the test surprised
me, because it's not the kind of "default install the way a newcomer
will do an install" that was the overall intent of this testing.

Don't lose sleep doing Lubuntu testing :)

Jonathan
--
  Jonathan Marsden
  jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx