Re: [Test Report 2] Minimum RAM required to install 'saucy-desktop-i386.iso' from LiveCD

Thanks Karl and you are most welcome.
I'm glad I'm not rusty yet and still can help :)

zRAM has added a massive improvement.

I have installed it on *Test Machine1: ASUS F3F Laptop - Intel Core Duo
T2350 @ 1.86GHz with 489MB RAM*
That machine has multiple Lubuntu Installations with 512MB SWAP Partition
enabled.
I KNOW, I KNOW, this is NOT part of the test we should do, I was installing
Lubutnu 13.10 on that machine NOT for this specific test we are doing, just
to have a copy on my other machine where I can play and do my personal
tests.

Guess what? 15mins and it was one of the fastest installations of Lubuntu I
have ever had.

If zRAM will do such a unique job on machines with 512MB RAM, I'm now 1000%
sure Windows XP will DO LOVE Lubuntu and this is a HUGE push for
StartUbuntu Project.

Thanks!

--

"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
*Start Ubuntu<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>
*