Re: [Lubuntu-comms] MIR (Ubuntu Display Server) - Should we be worried?

2013/6/30 Mr Wislr <contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Turning key components of a open operating system in to our distro only
> solutions is essentially the same thing as turning something
> proprietary. Same end result.

Not really. Unity, it's the same problem. It's the default for Ubuntu,
but you can choose to use an LXDE based operating system running with
Ubuntu repository (I think it's called Lubuntu). So words like fork,
patches, choice, apply to open source solutions, even if there are
unique on a specific distro. You can't apply the same to closed
sources solution.

Regards,
Julien Lavergne