Re: Prepping for the last upgrade test

Phill and Nio,

>> You can run 32-bit code in a 64-bit environment (also in Virtualbox).

Correct.

>> But I think there is a switch for it somewhere in the settings.

If there is, I have not needed to use it.  I run a mix of 32bit x86 and
64bit amd64 VMs all the time.  A couple of them run 24x7.

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013, at 02:45 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:

> I couldn't find the emulation under VBox, it may be in the 'extras'
> package that I do not have installed.

No, that's definitely not needed for running 32bit x86 code in
VirtualBox.   You don't need to do anything special to install and run a
32bit x86 OS under 64bit amd64 VirtualBox.  It just works.

Jonathan
--
  Jonathan Marsden
  jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx