Re: Lubuntu 13.10 beta

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 20:11:47 +0300
Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 09/21/2013 08:00 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
> > At this point it seems that we are trapped between a rock and a hard place.
> >
> > Kernel team <> ISO team. ::SIGH:: Such frustrations led to my resigning
> > from various teams, I've asked a couple of people who can make an ISO with
> > the test kernel if they would. Other than that, my hands are tied.
> >
> > We need an ISO with the patch that has been already applied upstream into
> > it.... Grrrrr.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Phill.
>
> I did try this kernel the other day and it did lock up just like the one
> in the repository:
>
> linux-image-3.11.0-7-generic_3.11.0-7.14~lp1227202v1_amd64.deb
>
> I thought I wrote it in a message, but can't find it in my archive, so
> maybe I didn't.
>
> So far turning off zram seems to be the only thing that works.  Or at
> least seems to work, so far so good.
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

Hi,

Here is Joyce Markoll, aka Mélodie. I have used zram for many years in different shapes
(ramzswap once upon a time when it was only in the compcache project) and I am very
interested to see it setup in Lubuntu.

I wanted to join the testing since some time now but didn't find the right moment for it
(except a fast test in a vbox machine some time ago), but now I'm zsyncing the iso to
test it in one of my old machines. (T30 1 GB ram and intel 1.86 Mhz proc).

Just a thought:
have you set it up to create block devices which are as large as 50% of
the available ram, and one of those block devices for each processor detected, or did you
setup other values?

which method is used to start it at boot time?

Regards,
Mélodie

--

LinuxVillage