Re: Next respin tested 2013-10-17 00:43 (06.43 CEST)

Am 17.10.2013 10:47, schrieb Nio Wiklund:
> Hi Jörn,
>
> Do you mean for really old computers (pre Pentium II), that are not
> helped by fake-PAE? If you know there are people who need them, yes it
> is a good idea. (But I would think there are not many people trying to
> run any Ubuntu flavour in such computers nowadays. They probably try
> some linux distro with a really small foot-print. And there are such
> kernels available, maybe it is enough to link to them or maybe provide a
> mirror.)
According to Wikipedia, there are Pentium 3 that aren't capable of PAE.
I am thinking about this machines. But, I am not 100% sure if this is a
error on Wikipedia.
> I think fake-PAE is good enough to make the current 32-bit kernels work
> well with Celeron M and Pentium M CPUs.
>
> And there are 12.04 flavours and respins that promise long time support
> until April 2017, PreciseGnomeClassicTweaks, LXLE and Bodhi plus Xubuntu
> with LTS until April 2015.
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Yes, there are. But any of this use the "old" 3.2 kernel from Precise,
if I am correct.

Jörn