Re: A New Team Leader for Lubuntu QA

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 4:06 AM, Jackson Doak <noskcaj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If QA manager includes being release manager, it might be worth finding
> someone with a better timezone for that particular role. I think howard
> chan was release manager for saucy

Hi Jackson,

While I know Howard Chan is a very active contributor, there are two
important points:

1- His timezone is not quite different from yours as he lives in HK.
2- He is already a Release Manager for Ubuntu Studio and Lubuntu has many
ISOs which means MORE work for him and that might add an extra burden and
stress over his shoulder.

I have an idea. Not sure if you all will like it or not but I will share it
:)

How about there will be two people on the position of QA TL? so that one
could cover the timezone of the other and there is LESS STRESS and work on
both of them? how about that?

As for the Release Manager being a different role than QA TL as Phill
pointed out, the idea to share that position/role could be valid as well if
both will work in a very high organized style.

Just a thought!

Best Regards,