PPC Alternate 14.04.2 (was Fwd: Trusty 14.04.2 Testing)

On 03.02.2015 20:58, Fritz Hudnut wrote:
> Boris, et al:
>
> Looking at the PPC options for this phase, it looks like there is only an
> "alternate installer" option for Lubuntu, and a server option . . . .

Downloading took several hours last night, the site was slow by all
reports, so I could not get to the testing before today.  There is only
the Alternate image so far.  A minor problem (for me) is that it is
oversized and cannot fit on a CD.  For some that might be a
deal-breaker.  However, when I tried the actual installation I could not
get past some unmet package dependencies which cause the installation to
fail on the "Select and install software" step.

 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/1417918

I'm not sure of a work-around at this time.  I tried going to the
console and installing the missing packages but that seemed to have no
effect.

Regards,
/Lars