Re: PPC Alternate 14.04.2 (was Fwd: Trusty 14.04.2 Testing)

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 1:09 AM, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Downloading took several hours last night, the site was slow by all
> reports, so I could not get to the testing before today.  There is only
> the Alternate image so far.  A minor problem (for me) is that it is
> oversized and cannot fit on a CD.  For some that might be a
> deal-breaker.  However, when I tried the actual installation I could not
> get past some unmet package dependencies which cause the installation to
> fail on the "Select and install software" step.
>
>  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/1417918
>
> I'm not sure of a work-around at this time.  I tried going to the
> console and installing the missing packages but that seemed to have no
> effect.
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

Lars:

Thanks for that update, I also have a "slow" internet that is out on the
end of the network, just an added layer of inconvenience when it comes to
downloading larger files.  But, good to know on the "alt image is
over-sized and can't fit on CD"??? thought that was one of the points of
having the Alt image.  I spent some time erasing an old mini iso from a CD,
thought I could try that out on my "new" Sawtooth, which only mounts CDs .
. . but, other things to do.

What about the "Server" image?  Someone posted, perhaps on PPCFAQ that
using the server image and then adding a DE could be a possible option . .
. ????  Busy today . . . .