Re: PPC Alternate 14.04.2 (was Fwd: Trusty 14.04.2 Testing)

On 04.02.2015 18:39, Fritz Hudnut wrote:
> ... But, good to know on the "alt image is over-sized and can't fit
> on CD"??? thought that was one of the points of having the Alt image.
> I spent some time erasing an old mini iso from a CD, thought I could
> try that out on my "new" Sawtooth, which only mounts CDs . . . but,
> other things to do.

It weighs in at 709MB perhaps that can still squeak in on some CD RWs
and burners.

> What about the "Server" image?  Someone posted, perhaps on PPCFAQ
> that using the server image and then adding a DE could be a possible
> option . . . ????  Busy today . . . .

That's the way I would try if booting from USB were not an option for
me.  Have you tried OpenFirmware booting?  cmd-option-o-f will get you
to the UI and then :

	boot usb0/@1:2,\\yaboot

or substiture usb1 etc depending on which one you have it plugged into.

Regards,
/Lars