Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 13:58:34 +0100
From: Jerome Leclanche <jerome@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Lxde-list] [ANN] LXQt 0.9.0 released!
To: lxde-list <Lxde-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We are proud to announce the release 0.9.0 of LXQt, the Lightweight Qt
desktop environment

This release drops all compatibility with Qt 4. It also features heavy
internal cleanups and refactorings. Qt 5.3 is now the minimum required
version.

LXQt 0.9 also brings in our first KDE Frameworks dependencies.
KWindowSystem is a true-and-tested library for handling window events.
It replaces our custom XFitMan library and will greatly help in
becoming fully compatible with Wayland. KGuiAddons also replaces a
hard dependency on Xlib in lxqt-panel.
A huge thanks to the KDE team for making Frameworks available for
projects like ours :-)

Theme changes:
- New theme: "Frost". A cold, dark theme courtesy of Inti Alonso.
Screenshots available on lxqt.org!
- A-Mego, Flat and Green have been deleted as they were low quality or
too similar to other themes.
- The old Dark theme has been merged with the Flat Dark theme from LXQt 0.8.

Please note that theme re-configuration will be needed if you are
using one of the old themes.

Component changes:
- The functionality of the old lxqt-power has been restored into an
"lxqt-leave" component. It is now part of lxqt-session.
- Panel background is now configurable
- The main menu plugin can now be navigated using the keyboard
- The Clock plugin has been merged into the World Clock plugin. It has
received several changes and no longer requires ICU. Reconfiguring the
clock may be required upon upgrading depending on your settings.
- The power management component now supports displaying multiple batteries

Other changes:
- KWindowSystem replaces XfitMan in lxqt-panel, lxqt-runner,
lxqt-session, lxqt-notificationd and lxqt-session.
- KGuiAddons replaces a hard dependency on Xlib in lxqt-panel
- A copy of xdg-utils is no longer bundled with LXQt. The minimum
xdg-utils version required is 2012-03-02.

It should be noted that Qt 5.4 has several regressions from 5.3 which
impact LXQt to some extent. While most have been worked around, drag &
drop issues with PCManFM have not. Thankfully, that issue is fixed in
the upcoming Qt 5.4.1 release. See the following pages for more
details:
- https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-43436
- https://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt540-KnownIssues

Downloads are available on downloads.lxqt.org. Please note that the
location has changed since 0.8 and the old download location is no
longer available.
 - http://downloads.lxqt.org/lxqt/

Issues? Suggestions? Wild new ideas? Everything happens on our Github
issue tracker:
 - https://github.com/lxde/lxqt/issues

Want to contribute? We are always looking for new developers, now more
than ever. Take a look at our new beginner's guide on contributing
code and jump in:
 - https://github.com/lxde/lxqt/wiki/Contributing-code

Thank you for flying LXQt!

The LXDE team