Re: Target audience

Well, I guess you need to ask Ubuntu about that. If we judge it by the
original plans sabdfl suggested, the idea was to make Linux easy for
people. It seems this is true. There's much less hackiness to get
things done (for the most part), lots of configuration options, good
integration, and let's not forget convergence. I'm not talking about
the interface (e.g. the fact that we have Mir/Unity on Touch) but the
fact that that "ease of use" is all over the place. Look at Juju or
Snappy to get an idea of what I mean.

The unfortunate thing is it's "easy at all costs." I feel that one of
the costs one faces with Ubuntu is a lot of extra cruft.