Re: Fwd: Gearing up for 15.04 image testing

On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 11:33:25 +0200
Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Den 2015-04-14 11:31, Henk Terhell skrev:
> > Hi Nio, could be true, but I have always also tested in nomodeset which
> > worked fine for previous Lubuntu's.
> >
> > Nio Wiklund schreef op 14-4-2015 om 11:10:
> >

> That's right, and this time nomodeset does not help. Could still be
> affecting nvidia though ...

Hi,

Could you people have a look into software-properties-gtk, in the tab where you can
choose to be warned when a new version is available? Mine is grayed in Trusty in
Virtualbox, also in Utopic after I upgraded in Virtualbox, and also in Vivid after I
upgraded again to Vivid in the same edition in Virtualbox. Only the first two options
above "new edition" are working. In each I had removed all software-properties-gtk, and
even Synaptic and all related depends and configuration files, did a full cleaning of the
apt cache, re-installed, and it didn't fix it. So I would like to know if it's only me or
if you also hit this issue.

Best regards,
Mélodie