Re: MAAS managed DNS

I don't think this will be difficult to do - it just means we change the event
that triggers writing out the zone files (to when NodeGroup is added/updated).
Raphaël, we *do* still need to consider classless masks though and use
RFC2317.

It is certainly doable, but it's more complex that just changing what signal is used to trigger writing out the zone files. Using RFC2317 would mean that each time a new reverse zone file needs to written, we need to get the list of the existing zones which "conflict" with that one (conflict in the sense of being in the same classful network) and rewrite not only the reverse zone file itself but also the delegation reverse zone file. In the example presented in http://www.indelible.org/ink/classless/, this delegation reverse zone file is the file named "7.126.206.rev".

And that also doesn't solve the fact that the DNS server managed by MAAS will be authoritative for more than what's strictly necessary but I confess I don't see how this particular problem can be solved. (In the example mentioned above, the ISP's DNS server is still authoritative for the entire 206.126.7.0/24 network.)