Re: XtraDB merge into MariaDB

Ok, XtraDB 6 is now pushed to MariaDB, as a replacement for InnoDB!

Merging was ok. There are a number of conflicts which need to be handled, but
that seems inevitable, and bzr seems to handle things ok (if a bit clunky).

There are no further issues know at the moment.

Thanks for working with me to get this achieved!

Vadim Tkachenko <vadim@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I think all confusing comes from fact (you noticed) we do  main
> development in
> lp:~percona-dev/percona-xtradb/extensions-1.0
> working with patches, and after that periodically do sync of full source
> code into
> lp:percona-xtradb

Yes, I agree. Understanding this, I think things will work a bit more smoothly
going forward.

I understand the need to do main development in extensions-1.0 as a quilt
series. I think there is no better way than to continue to sync periodically
of full source code into lp:percona-xtradb. Now that I better understand the
issue I can also help with that as needed.

It's just inherently complex to keep the code merged between MySQL, Oracle,
Drizzle, Percona, and MariaDB, so current method is probably as good as it
gets.

> We have maillist
> http://groups.google.com/group/percona-discussion
> which is not very active.
> So far best way to track development is to track changes in
> lp:~percona-dev/percona-xtradb/extensions-1.0

Sounds good, I have subscribed to the maillist and the branch.