Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Learning Storage Engine API

Hi,

> I wouldn't recommend anyone to look at the MySQL_Internals_Custom_Engine and
> try to build one for Drizzle.

Agreed.

When I first started getting into storage engines, that documentation
was a good starting point for getting a feel on how things worked.
However, I soon learned that it lacked a lot important information
like internal formats and structures that you really need to know to
actually get things done.

Ironically, the best source of information for me was InnoDB's handler
code as it has a lot of awesome inline comments.

Admittedly this situation is saddening. Hopefully we'll have a great
documentation in Drizzle's Wiki once the interface becomes "stable".
I'm more than happy to help this.

Cheers!

--
Toru Maesaka <dev@xxxxxxxxx>