Re: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric" packages

On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 14:51:19 +0100
Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kristian> Hi Daniel,
Kristian>
Kristian> I believe I've fixed the issues for our .debs on Ubuntu 11.10.
Kristian>
Kristian> I made buildbot create packages for MariaDB 5.2.9. They pass
Kristian> the tests.
Kristian>
Kristian> Buildnumber: 1325
Kristian> Location in
Kristian> archive: /archive/pack/5.2/build-1325/kvm-deb-oneiric-*
Kristian>
Kristian> Maybe you can make them available alongside the existing
Kristian> 5.2.9 packages? It is the exact code version as the other
Kristian> platforms, but the packaging scripts are modified of course.
Kristian> There is no apparmor profile by default (this kept causing
Kristian> new problems, and future packages on Ubuntu will have it
Kristian> disabled by default).

The MariaDB 5.2 Ubuntu packages are only available through the 5.2
repositories. I think the easiest way to add the new Oneiric packages
will be to use the mkrepo-ubuntu.sh script to regenerate the entire
Ubuntu 5.2 repo. It appears build-1325 has all of the Ubuntu packages.
Do you think there will be any issues with if I re-generate the entire
Ubuntu 5.2 repo and upload it?

Kristian> Maybe you can help test them as an extra check on top of the
Kristian> automatic ones in buildbot?

Yes, I'll run some tests with some Ubuntu VMs.

Kristian> I also tried getting 5.3 packages built, but Buildbot kept
Kristian> building the latest revision rather than the 5.3.2 one. I can
Kristian> probably solve that somehow, but unless it is urgent I would
Kristian> like to just wait for the next 5.3 release, which will get
Kristian> Oneiric packages automatically.

I'm fine with waiting until the next 5.3 release.

Kristian> Note that for 5.1, we currently have a problem, as Oneiric
Kristian> has MySQL 5.1.58 while the MariaDB version is 5.1.55. But for
Kristian> the next 5.1 release we will presumably merge MySQL 5.1.58
Kristian> anyway, so this will get solved and most people will want to
Kristian> use 5.2 anyway I think.

Yes. We haven't had a 5.1 release in a while, so I think it is safe to
just wait until we do.

Kristian> I think that's it, let me know if you have questions or other
Kristian> suggestions.

Thanks!

--
Daniel Bartholomew