Re: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric" packages

Daniel Bartholomew <dbart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The MariaDB 5.2 Ubuntu packages are only available through the 5.2
> repositories. I think the easiest way to add the new Oneiric packages
> will be to use the mkrepo-ubuntu.sh script to regenerate the entire
> Ubuntu 5.2 repo. It appears build-1325 has all of the Ubuntu packages.
> Do you think there will be any issues with if I re-generate the entire
> Ubuntu 5.2 repo and upload it?

I think it is fine. The new packages have a different version number due to
updated ourdelta/bakery, so there should be no risk of confusion between
(slightly) different packages with different names.

Just be aware that the new packages no longer include a default apparmor
profile. This applies to all Ubuntu versions (not just Oneiric). If upgrading
users modified their old apparmor profile they will be asked and can choose to
keep it, but for default installs, apparmor will be silently disabled.

(Ie. maybe a note in the release notes is in order ...)

> Before uploading the new repo to the mirrors, can you check my changes
> in mariadb-tools to ensure they are sane? I've pushed my mariadb-tools
> branch to launchpad and proposed it for merging so you should have an
> email about it.

Looks fine, I've pushed it.