Re: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric" packages

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 10:49:08 -0400
Daniel Bartholomew <dbart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>
Kristian> Buildnumber: 1325
Kristian> Location in
Kristian> archive: /archive/pack/5.2/build-1325/kvm-deb-oneiric-*
Kristian>
Kristian> Maybe you can make them available alongside the
Kristian> existing 5.2.9 packages? It is the exact code version
Kristian> as the other platforms, but the packaging scripts are
Kristian> modified of course. There is no apparmor profile by
Kristian> default (this kept causing new problems, and future
Kristian> packages on Ubuntu will have it disabled by default).

Daniel> The MariaDB 5.2 Ubuntu packages are only available through the
Daniel> 5.2 repositories. I think the easiest way to add the new
Daniel> Oneiric packages will be to use the mkrepo-ubuntu.sh script to
Daniel> regenerate the entire Ubuntu 5.2 repo. It appears build-1325
Daniel> has all of the Ubuntu packages. Do you think there will be any
Daniel> issues with if I re-generate the entire Ubuntu 5.2 repo and
Daniel> upload it?

It appears the mkrepo-ubuntu.sh script will need to be updated to
support oneiric. I created a branch of mariadb-tools, made all of the
necessary additions (I think). I then ran the script and created a repo
and it appears everything was generated ok.

Before uploading the new repo to the mirrors, can you check my changes
in mariadb-tools to ensure they are sane? I've pushed my mariadb-tools
branch to launchpad and proposed it for merging so you should have an
email about it.

Thanks.

--
Daniel Bartholomew