Re: what compiler should i use when building mariadb?

Rich Prohaska <prohaska@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I suspect that we have a tool chain problem here at tokutek.
> We can build maria 5.5 with gcc 4.7.1 and binutils 2.22 on a centos
> 6.2 machine (we built gcc and binutils ourselves).
> We can not build it on a centos 5.8 machine with the same gcc 4.7.1
> and binutils 2.22 (we also built gcc and binutils ourselves).
> So, we are doing additional experiments to find the root cause of this problem.

Aha, I see.

One possible explanation is that some missing dependency caused your
gcc/binutils build on the centos 5.8 to be configured without support for
DWARF debug information. This could result in an error such as you saw.
(But it is just a guess, and I may be completely wrong).