Re: what compiler should i use when building mariadb?

We did not build gcc 4.7.1 correctly.  When we built gcc 4.7.1, we
used the default assembler that ships in centos 5.  We needed to build
gcc 4.7.1 with a newer binutils, so we built binutils 2.22 and then
built gcc 4.7.1 with the binutils 2.22 assembler and linker.  This
compiler now generates the CFI directives that are needed to compile
mariadb.