Re: More enum values in enum fields

Jean Weisbuch <jean@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Maybe a transitional setting that would create/update both the "legacy"
> frm file and a file with the new format when required could be a
> solution for backward compatibility.
> In that case, it would read the new format definition file if present.

For about the 6 months of development of the protobuf based format in
Drizzle this is what I did, with a healthy number of asserts() comparing
the results of reading both.

For MariaDB, it would mean that when you were doing this you had two
things that could break and when you finally stopped the legacy format,
that would be a very clear break in any on-disk compatibility with MySQL.

--
Stewart Smith