Re: [Otto Kekäläinen] Fwd: initial feedback on mar iadb

Hi!

Otto> 2013/8/18 Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> I'd say, let us treat the copyright headers in source files as the
>> authoritative source. Then the debian copyright file should simply say
>> exactly what copyright comments do. And there will be no mismatch
>> between them. And Monty Program AB and MariaDB Foundation will be
>> appropriately mentioned, as needed.

Otto> Ok, I used checklicense and licence-reconcile to mass-review the
Otto> headers in the sources and updated manually most parts of the
Otto> debian/copyright.

Otto> By the way, there are many minor issues reported by licensecheck, you
Otto> might want to review at some time and fix upstream:
Otto> http://labs.seravo.fi/~otto/mariadb-repo/licensecheck-report.txt

Otto> Examples:

Otto> include/mysqld_default_groups.h: *No copyright* UNKNOWN

Otto> => If feasible, all files should have copyright holder and license
Otto> info in their headers.

That we can fix.

Otto> plugin/handler_socket/libhsclient/auto_addrinfo.hpp: UNKNOWN
Otto>   [Copyright: 2010 DeNA Co.,Ltd.. All rights reserved]

Otto> => Some files have copyright, but no license info in the header.

This is the original external files we are using.
handlersocket has the copyright information in the COPYRIGHT.txt file.

We can of course change the files, but it doesn't feel right to change
the files as this will make it harder for the original owner of the
code to change the copyright for his code.

Doesn't Debian allow one to refer to a copyright file in the header?

Otto> mysys/my_create.c: GPL (v2)
Otto>   [Copyright: 2000, 2001, 2005-2008 MySQL AB, 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc]

Otto> => There should be only one copyright per line (not on same line), e.g.:
Otto> Copyright (c) 2000, 2001, 2005-2008 MySQL AB
Otto> Copyright (c) 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc.

This we can fix too.

Otto, can you work with Jani to get all these fixed ?
Jani, is there any chance you can get this fixed this week?

Regards,
Monty