Re: [All] MariaDB's best (download) month ever

Colin,

I appreciate your candor with not knowing what mariadb.com is up to,
however I find it somewhat ironic that this email came from byte@*
mariadb.com*. There really needs to be some clarifications about what the
future of all of this is, especially w.r.t. SkySQL's commercial intentions
and their relationship to MariaDB (foundation, product, etc.).

The mariadb.com site also, confusingly, says "MariaDB.com is operated by
SkySQL and will become the new home for products and services related to
MariaDB." and at the bottom says "2013 © MariaDB". What do these instances
of "MariaDB" refer to -- a commercial entity? the product? the foundation?
It then goes on to immediately tout "MariaDB Enterprise" so it's really
very confusing.

What are the relationships between the commercial entities in question
exactly?

Really, I think the point is: If myself, Mark, Colin, and Kristian are all
confused, there is just about zero chance that any regular users are clear
on it.

Regards,

Jeremy