Re: gsoc replication tasks

Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'd like to discuss what replication tasks we might want to be
> implemented in this year's google summer of code.

I don't really have the bandwidth for handling any GSoC at the moment. But
here are a bunch of replication tasks that should be suitable for a newcomer,
in approximate increasing order of difficulty:

MDEV-4776 FR: Consider showing GTID-based 'until' value in slave status
MDEV-5119 Events from a GTID-incapable master inherit domain ID of the slave
MDEV-4987 Sort by domain_id when list of GTIDs are output
MDEV-5289 master server starts slave parallel threads
MDEV-4989 Support for GTID in mysqlbinlog
MDEV-4990 Implement simple failover script using GTID
MDEV-5262 Missing retry after temp error in parallel replication

I would be happy to assist anyone that wants to work seriously on one of
these, GSoC or not.

I'm available on IRC now, and most of the day if you want to discuss more...

 - Kristian.