maria-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: redundant compilation of targets in mariadb 10.0
Apart from the above even if i try to build twice without any modification,
it builds all the target again.
I have confirmed that none of the files was 'touched'.
Also if it is relevant in some way the bug i was trying to fix is
MDEV-5873. i have changed some function signatures in the header and
~5 lines of change in the cc file.
On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 2:03 AM, Rohit Kalhans <rohit.kalhans@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
> hello Sergei
> the modification was made in some replication specific files
> rpl_gtid.h & rpl_gtid.cc
> *rohit@ubuntu:/work/mariadb/mariadb/mariadb10$ bzr st *
> * sql/rpl_gtid.cc*
> * sql/rpl_gtid.h*
> * mysql-test/suite/rpl/t/rpl_x.test*
> There are a lot of targets being rebuild.
> 1. stroage*
> 2. handlers
> 3. sql core
> and many others. I have attached the build output here.
> Also tokud fails to build since its not -werror safe, so i had to build
> without it.
> here is the cmake command
> *cmake -DWITHOUT_TOKUDB=1*
> Hope it helps.
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 1:17 AM, Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>> Hi, Rohit!
>> On Mar 16, Rohit Kalhans wrote:
>> > hello all,
>> > I am trying to fix a few bugs but ever after small modifications in
>> > specific files, make command build all targets irrespective of whether
>> > not they are dependent on the modified source. I am no expert in build
>> > commands but this seem off since it keeps taking exceptionally long
>> time to
>> > build.
>> > Is there a trick/workaround that can prevent all targets from being
>> > Or am I missing something.
>> Please explain in details what you have changed and what is being built
>> that you think shouldn't be.
>> cmake is usually pretty good in tracking dependencies.