Re: Buildbot machines

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Kristian Nielsen
<knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Kristian (or others): Any preferences on Linux distro for the box?
>> Should I go with OpenSuse, which is what is on the terriers, or does
>> it matter?
>
> Heh, I'd prefer anything _but_ Suse, I think we've had only grief from that.

Agree. :)

> But in the end I don't really have any strong opinion. We need to run KVM and
> not much else on the box - so whatever makes it easy to get a stable
> KVM/kernel, and/or upgrade the KVM/kernel as needed, seems it would do the
> job...
>
> Maybe just pick what you are most comfortable with maintaining and using KVM
> on, or what is used mostly on other boxes - some recent Ubuntu?

OK. I think I'll go with Ubuntu then. That's what we mostly use on
other servers and I use it on my local box with KVM and it works well.
For support-ability, I'll go with 13.10 for the initial install and
then upgrade it to the current 14.04-beta (followed by 14.04-final in
a couple weeks). I think the current 14.04-beta is very close to what
the final will be, so we might as well move to it now.

Thanks.

--
Daniel Bartholomew
MariaDB