Re: [GSoC] Accepted student ready to work : )

Hello everyone,
Here's a small report on the news that I have so far:

   1. I had a slow couple of weeks because of a quick holiday that I took.
   I will make up for that.
   2. I added the metric that considers number of test_runs since a
   test_case ran for the last time. I graphed it, and it does not affect the
   results much at all. -I still think this is useful to uncover hidden bugs
   that might lurk in the code for a long time; but testing this condition is
   difficult with our data. I would like to keep this measure, specially since
   it doesn't seem to affect results negatively. Opinions?
   3. I liked Sergei's idea about using the changes on the test files to
   calculate the relevancy index. If a test has been changed recently, its
   relevancy index should be high. This is also more realistic, and uses
   information that it's easy for us to figure out.
   - I am trying to match the change_files table or the mysql-test
      directory with the test_failure table. I was confused about the name of
      tests and test suites, but I am making progress on it. Once I am able to
      match at least 90% of the test_names in test_failure with the filename in
      the change_files table, I will incorporate this data into the
code and see
      how it works out.
      - *Question*: Looking at the change_files table, there are files that
      have been *ADDED* several times. Why would this be? Maybe when a new
      branch is created, all files are ADDED to it? Any ideas? : ) (If no one
      knows, I'll figure it out, but maybe you do know ; ))
   4. I uploaded inline comments for my code last week, let me know if it's
   clear enough. You can start by run_basic_simulations.py, where the most
   important functions are called... and after, you can dive into
   basic_simulator.py, where the simulation is actually done. The repository
   is a bit messy, I admit. I'll clean it up in the following commits.

This is all I have to report for now. Any advice on the way I'm proceeding
is welcome : )
Have a nice week, everyone.

Pablo