Re: [GSoC] Optimize mysql-test-runs - Results of new strategy

Hi Elena,

Thanks. I hoped you would have results of the experiments involving
> incoming lists of tests, as I think it's an important factor which might
> affect the results (and hence the strategy); but I'll look at what we have
> now.

I have them now. There was one more bug I hadn't figured out. There are
still a couple bugs related to matching of input test list, but these
results must be quite close to the expected ones. I did them with 3000
rounds of training, and about 1500 rounds of prediction (skipping all runs
without input list).

​

Although the results are not as originally expected (20-80 ratio, I feel
that they are quite acceptable.

I will see what we can do about getting reliable lists one or another way;
> certainly the log files are a temporary solution, but it would be nice to
> use them for experiments and see the results anyway, because modifying
> MTR/buildbot tandem and especially collecting the new data of considerable
> volume will take time.

I understand, nonetheless I feel that this is a reasonable long-term goal
for this project.

> This is not to say that parsing logs is the best way to do things, but
> apparently something went wrong either with my archiving or with your
> matching. If you don't have these files, please let me know.

It seems there's a bug with matching. I am looking at it now.

I've uploaded the fresh dump. Same location, file name
>> buildbot-20140722.dump.gz.
>>
> I will run more detailed tests with the new fresh dump. I will focus on a
 running set size of 30%. I believe they will be reasonable.

Thanks.
Pablo

PNG image