Re: TokuDB QA issues - should we fix them ourself or are any of the upstream devs listening?

Hi Otto,

For one, Matt Griffin <matt.griffin@xxxxxxxxxxx> no longer works at Percona (according to his Linkedin profile anyway)

> While working on the Debian packaging I noticed multiple minor QA
> level issues that stem from problems in TokuDB:
>
> - Debian builds are not reproducable due to random embedded build id
> in the TokuDB plugin, see
> https://reproducible.debian.net/dbd/unstable/amd64/mariadb-10.0_10.0.23-1.diffoscope.html
> (subpage of https://reproducible.debian.net/rb-pkg/unstable/amd64/mariadb-10.0.html)
>
> - Lintian complains about missing man page for binary tokuftdump. Also
> Lintian complains about outdated autotool files in TokuDB sources. For
> both see https://lintian.debian.org/maintainer/pkg-mysql-maint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx#mariadb-10.0
>

> I'd like to see these fixed. What is the best process to proceed with
> these? File an issue at mariadb.org/jira or
> https://github.com/percona/PerconaFT or what..?

I’m going to guess the best way is to report them upstream. And I would wait a month to see what the status of the bugs are, and in the case they are not addressed, make a man page for tokuftdump (this isn’t hard to do; and it might also make us want to update our man pages)

As for the reproducible builds, what is the fix to this?

I’m glad that the above issues are not related to the MariaDB Server merge of TokuDB (er, PerconaFT), but are generic issues
--
Colin Charles, http://bytebot.net/blog/
twitter: @bytebot | skype: colincharles